Setting Aside Felony Conviction in Arizona

Having a felony conviction in the State of Arizona can impact many parts of your life. If you are currently facing challenges with housing and employment due to a prior felony conviction, we can help you get a fresh start!

When it comes to getting your Arizona convictions set aside, RMCR can help you from start to finish. We have helped set aside hundreds of felony convictions, including our own. Our founder has worked for numerous criminal law firms, had his own felonies set aside and believes that no law firm can provide the expertise that comes with “lived” experience like RMCR can. We are personally vested in your success because we have “been there” and will advocate tirelessly for your case to be set aside.

Motion to Set Aside Conviction

Arizona law uses the legal term “set aside” for expunging a conviction. Setting aside a conviction in Arizona involves petitioning the court where the conviction occurred and asking the judge to reopen the case, remove the finding of guilt and then change the case from a conviction to a dismissed case.

Whether your case resulted in a misdemeanor or a felony conviction, if you have completed probation or your sentence, you may be eligible to set aside your conviction pursuant to ARS § 13-907. Convictions that are not eligible include cases involving a dangerous offense, some sex offenses, offenses with a victim under 15 and certain traffic offenses. If your conviction is set aside, you are released from the “disabilities and penalties that you faced as a result of the conviction” pursuant to ARS § 13-907. After hiring RMCR, we will prepare all of your documents, meet with you to review and sign and then file your request with the court. An order is typically issued within 90 days.

Early Probation Termination

If you are currently serving your probationary sentence, you may be eligible to terminate your probation early. After the probation is terminated, we can request that the conviction be set aside. This is the quickest way to clear your record if you are still currently on probation. Click here for more information on terminating probation.

Restoration of Gun Rights

Arizona law allows you to restore your firearm rights, which you lost as a result of a criminal conviction, two years after the sentence is completed for most convictions. If you were convicted of a “serious offense” under ARS § 13-604, there is a 10-year waiting period; and if your conviction was for a “dangerous offense,” you cannot restore your gun rights.

Civil Rights Restoration

If you have been convicted of two or more felonies in Arizona, you will need to petition the court in order to get your civil rights restored. If granted, you would regain your right to hold office, vote, and serve on a jury in Arizona. If you were sentenced to probation for your convictions, there is no waiting period following your discharge from probation. If you were sentenced to prison, there is a two-year waiting period following your absolute discharge.

How To Get Started

RMCR has successfully filed hundreds of cases throughout the counties of Arizona. If you are ready to move forward with regaining your rights as an American citizen or if you have any questions about any of our services, contact us today for a free, confidential consultation. We are ready to assist you in this new chapter of your life and would be happy to tell you how we have done the very same thing in our lives!

Contact RMCR Now!

Comments are closed.